Monday, February 12, 2007

Cheap Skating - Rite Aid

if you know me, then you know i REALLY prefer to buy things at a discount if possible. if you don't know that, then you probably don't really know me. rite aid offers a monthly rebate check for specific items that qualify for their rebates, and this week was a nice week for me to get paid for buying a few items. my purchase was 5 things, and i used 4 coupons. my total with tax was $6.41 for a bottle of conditioner, 2 neutra-air spray cans, 1 pack of 25 windex wipes, and a 48 count package of cough suppressing mint strips. my rebates for this purchase totaled $7.98, so the sunday newspaper gets paid for, too. coupons saved me $5.99 on this purchase.

by now you are either thrilled that this is possible and actually happens or wondering why it's even worth the effort. as a graduate with a math & statistics degree, it is more of a game to me. a similar game occurs each week at cvs, too, and i have a feeling the cvs game will be explained in the future.

No comments: